Freeze-drying has grown in popularity to become a common method. Although it is sometimes more expensive, it generally results in a higher-quality product.
- Brewed KONA coffee granules are rapidly frozen.
- Frozen KONA coffee is placed in the drying chamber.
- A vacuum is created within the chamber.
- The drying chamber is warmed,
- The previously frozen water in the coffee granules expands to ten times its previous volume.
- The KONA freeze-dried granules are removed from the chamber and packaged.